A pair of Whitley County residents will mark their 100th birthdays next week.
Gertrude Brock is lovingly known as â€śGertieâ€ť to all of her friends and family.
She will turn 100 years old on Wednesday.
Gertie was born in South Bend and went to school until she was 17 in the South Bend school system.
She and her entire family are Notre Dame fans.
Her grandfather, father and brother joined her in working at the Studebaker Corporation.
â€śShe worked in the file and mail room until 1933,â€ť said Florence Linn, a daughter.
Tonight's (Jan. 13) Columbia City boys basketball game against Homestead has been postponed due to the weather. The game is rescheduled for Tuesday, February 14.
By JAMES THOMLISON
COLUMBIA CITY â€” The Indiana Poison Center (IPC) is reminding everyone about a potentially deadly poison that can be easy to overlook because it has no color and is odorless.
That poison is carbon monoxide (CO), a gas that forms when something is not burned completely or is burned in an enclosed space where there is insufficient airflow. CO poisons the bodyâ€™s cells and stops them from getting and using oxygen.
The intersection of U.S. 30 and Lincolnway is covered in snow before sunrise Friday morning.
Many people, looking for fever-reducing medicine for their children ranging in age from six months to 7 years, will buy one product to be used for all of them.
Some buy liquid acetaminophen in concentrated drops for infants, thinking they can use a dropper for the baby and a teaspoon for the oldest.
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), this can be a very dangerous mistake.
Sandra Kweder, M.D., deputy director of the FDAâ€™s Office of New Drugs, says concentrated drops in much larger amounts â€“ as would be given with a teaspoon â€“ can cause fatal overdoses.