- Special Sections
- June Real Estate Guide
- Summer Life in Whitley County
COLUMBIA CITY â€“ The National Weather Service has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory for Whitley County through 11 a.m. Monday. Freezing rain was pelting the Columbia City area shortly after 4:45 a.m. Monday.
Here is the NWS Urgent Advisory from shortly after 4 a.m. Monday:
FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT /10 AM CDT/
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORTHERN INDIANA HAS ISSUED A
FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT
/10 AM CDT/ THIS MORNING.
* FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO MOVE SLOWLY NORTHEAST THROUGH
NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO THIS MORNING. TEMPERATURES
WILL RISE ABOVE FREEZING BY LATE MORNING ALLOWING THE ICE TO MELT.
* LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH ARE
EXPECTED BEFORE TEMPERATURES RISE ABOVE FREEZING LATER THIS
* ROADS AND SIDEWALKS WILL BECOME SLICK AND HAZARDOUS EARLY
* MOTORISTS SHOULD BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL WHEN CROSSING BRIDGES
AND OVERPASSES...THESE WILL BE THE FIRST PAVEMENT SURFACES TO
A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR
FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR
SLIPPERY ROADS. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.