Nonprofit workshop planned
COLUMBIA CITY — The Whitley County Community Foundation and United Way of Whitley County in partnership with the Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network will be hosting a Board Building Cycle workshop Wednesday, June 19 at the Peabody Public Library from 9:15 a.m. to noon. A continental breakfast will be provided for attendees before and during the session. Bryan Orander, president of Charitable Advisors and Board Source Certified Governance trainer, will be leading the workshop. Topics will include:
- How to identify, cultivate and recruit board members.
- What should be done to orient new board members.
- Encouraging board members to become more active in the organization’s work.
- Clarifying board member roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding the need for term limits and board rotation.
This workshop would benefit:
- Current board members.
- Nonprofit staff members.
- Anyone considering participating on a board position.
The registration fee for the event is $30.Whitley County nonprofit organizations can receive tuition assistance for up to two members per organization.This is made possible by the United Way of Whitley County. For tuition assistance contact Cindy Baker, executive director for the United Way of Whitley County at 244-6454.To register for the workshop visit www.unitedwayec.org/nrn-workshops.htm or call Denise Lamphier at 574-295-1650.