Skip to main content

Trial date for alleged rapist moved to June

January 31, 2011

COLUMBIA CITY — A Churubusco man accused of rape has asked for his trial date to be bumped back until June.
Bart Arnold, attorney for Kent Frenger, 40, told Whitley County Circuit Court Judge James Heuer Monday he needed additional time for discovery in the case.
Frenger was scheduled for a jury trial Feb. 8 in connection with allegedly holding a woman at knife-point before raping her and forcing her to perform a sex act on him.
Frenger is not only charged with rape, but also criminal deviate conduct and criminal confinement.
Frenger was charged Oct. 20, 2010. The incident allegedly occurred during the weekend of Oct. 16-17.
Police say Frenger and the victim, who he had previously dated, left a bar and returned to his house where the incident occurred.
The woman allegedly fell asleep, but asked to be taken home when she awoke.
It was then that police say Frenger locked the door and took the woman upstairs, threatening her with a knife and beating her before raping her.
He later took her home, apologizing to her for the act, police said.
Heuer set aside three days for the trial, beginning June 1 with a final pre-trial conference set for May 23.

COLUMBIA CITY — Norwell’s boys soccer team spoiled Columbia City’s senior honor recognition match...
SOUTH WHITLEY — There are 80 minutes in a girl's high school soccer game. Each half consists of 40...
SOUTH WHITLEY — With the mythical Whitley County Championship on the line, the Columbia City Lady...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes