- Special Sections
- June Real Estate Guide
Health officials confirmed that the Norovirus was the cause of more than 40 patrons becoming ill after eating at Los Tequilas, a Columbia City restaurant.
Mary Ann McClusky, Whitley Countyâ€™s environmental health food specialist, issued the order to close the establishment April 21 after receiving a number of complaints of illness of patrons who had eaten at Los Tequilas April 17 through April 19.
â€śThe Norovirus is very contagious,â€ť said McClusky. â€śDuring that time there were five out of nine employees who were sick and were working.â€ť
Norovirus can be passed by an infected person, contaminated food or water, or by touching contaminated surfaces. The virus causes the stomach or intestines or both to get inflamed.
To read the rest of this story, see the May 10 issue of The Post and Mail. Don't have a subscription? Call (260) 244-5153 or subscribe to our e-edition. For breaking news, sports updates and additional coverage, bookmark the homepage and find us on facebook and twitter.