Walk to showcase local gardens
COLUMBIA CITY — Whitley County Master Gardeners 2013 Garden Walk will be June 22 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The walk will take participants through Loon Lake, Tri Lakes, Magic Hills in Thorncreek and Etna Townships in northern Whitley County.Until June 21, tickets will be $7 each and can be purchased from:A Master Gardener, Purdue Extension – Whitley County Office, Jones Greenhouse in Churubusco, Hartman’s Lawn & Garden in South Whitley, Portside Pizza at Tri-Lakes, or June 22 at any of the gardens.A new feature this year will be the addition of an artist at each of the gardens. Artists capturing the gardens should add a new dimension to the experience. Artists who will be working at each garden include:
- Rene Erickson will be at the garden of Tim and Ruby Brower.
- Anita Guildea will be featured at Don and Dee Studler’s garden.
- At the garden of Stan and Barb Sickafoose, artist Joy Lohse will be present.
- Ann Crawford will be at the garden of Ernie and Judy Nine.
- Gail Morris will be featured at the garden of Jim and Gail Morris.
- At the garden of June Keiser and Mike Craig will be artist Janice Grim.
- Sarah Creasonv will be featured at the garden of Dan and Gloria Straub.
For more information, contact Linda Tannas at 248-1171.